Re: PCI video card on SGI O2

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: PCI video card on SGI O2
From: Attila Kinali <attila@kinali.ch>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:04:57 +0200
Cc: Samium Gromoff <_deepfire@feelingofgreen.ru>, sknauert@wesleyan.edu, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 8 May 2007 09:22:02 +0200 (CEST)
Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> It's a pity the Millenium doesn't fit, as matroxfb is about the only
> frame buffer device that can initialize a graphics card from scratch,
> without help from the BIOS...

Why does the Millenium not fit?
I'm asking because OGP might be a good replacement
card for such systems (when it will be finished).
And if the Millenium has some problems working in such
systems, we could try not to do the same mistake with OGP.

                        Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred