Re: Early printk recent changes.

To: Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Early printk recent changes.
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:38:13 +0100 (BST)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Franck Bui-Huu wrote:

> >  Don't fix what isn't broken...
> >

> Well with such advice, Linux would have been stuck to version 0.4 ;)

 Fortunately, there is a feature called "common sense" and it has
prevented a halt from happening.  Also I wouldn't be brave enough to claim
any particular version of Linux, nor any other piece of software, is
perfect, though, admittedly, the level of imperfection varies highly
across different versions and pieces.

 In this case I gather this was a bulk change and some platforms have
benefited and the DECstation has lost.  You seem to have problems as well.
These issues can be dealt with somehow and they do not mean the change was
bad as a whole.

  Maciej