Re: Early printk recent changes.

To: Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Early printk recent changes.
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:31:44 +0100 (BST)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Linux MIPS List <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

> I'm wondering how arch/mips/kernel/early_printk.c is supposed to be used.
>
> I've already an early console that needs some setup before registering
> it. In the current context I can't do that anymore. Of course I can do
> it once in prom_putchar() but quite frankly I do not see the real
> point to make this common for all platforms.
>
> Moreover I used to call setup_early_printk() sooner in my prom setup code.

 I suppose you do not have to use it.  I cannot be satisfied with the
implementation for the use by the DECstation either, so I am going to
revive the old code as soon as I upgrade my setup. ;-)  Feel free to use
the old version of arch/mips/dec/prom/console.c as a template.

 Don't fix what isn't broken...

  Maciej