Re: Au1500 and TI PCI1510 cardbus

To: "Marco Braga" <>
Subject: Re: Au1500 and TI PCI1510 cardbus
From: Attila Kinali <>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:23:08 +0100
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:33:54 +0100
"Marco Braga" <> wrote:

> To sum it up, Cardbus bridge is not a viable solution on Au1500 for
> hotswapping devices, since any decent one (bus mastering) will not work.
> USB2.0 should instead work with PCI based controllers, that must be
> connected to the main PCI device (directly to Au1500).

We are using a board with a Au1550 with cardbus (PCI1520) and
USB2.0. The USB controller is directly connected to PCI.
Although cardbus isn't fully tested yet, USB seems to work fine
(atleast i haven't heard of any problems), but i don't know
from the top of my head which chip they used.

Also, the Au1550 doesn't seem to have the master-behind-bridge
bug as the 1500 does (at least according to the datasheet),
so i guess cardbus should work also with "decent" cards :)

                        Attila Kinali

Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann
                        -- Daniel Hottinger