Re: Re: Re: Au1500 and TI PCI1510 cardbus

To: "Marco Braga" <marco.braga@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Au1500 and TI PCI1510 cardbus
From: Takeyoshi Kikuchi <kikuchi@centurysys.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:02:56 +0900
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

"Marco Braga" <marco.braga@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>2007/3/20, Takeyoshi Kikuchi <kikuchi@centurysys.co.jp>:
>
>Our Au1500 board works fine with Ricoh CardBus Bridge and NEC USB
>> controller.
>> However, the board does not work stably with TI PCI1520 controller.
>

>As you have seen, we've experienced the same problem with the PCI1510. Can
>you please give me the exact product number of both the controllers you use
>(USB / Cardbus)? In particular your cardbus experience is interesting
>because from the informations I've received until now I tought that no
>cardbus controller could work on Au1500's PCI.
>
>Thanks!

The controllers are as follows:

Cardbus Bridge:
  Ricoh R5C486  (Vendor/Device 1180:0476)
USB Controller:
  NEC uPD720101 (CardBus) (Vendor/Device 1033:00e0)

Ali IEEE1394/USB Combo (Vendor/Device 10b9:5239) also works.

The combination of Au1500(MIPS32) and EHCI code has a problem: ll/sc
always get locked when it manipulates an atomic variable in the EHCI
descriptor (qh_get() in ehci-mem.c).
We applied a patch that adds a function to lib/kref.c so that it doesn't
 use ll/sc.

Linux 2.6.20 has a problem in ioremap, so we replaced the code with one in
2.6.19.

Takeyoshi Kikuchi