linux-mips
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Trouble with sound/mips/au1x00.c AC97 driver

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Trouble with sound/mips/au1x00.c AC97 driver
From: "Marco Braga" <marco.braga@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:44:01 +0100
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=sxGukbo+DPKXTrDGHOfhF46GLyTbE1G4AVM1sRf0eTaeViLLVi1omYI7cfFLDuSdPdFnFnEhr8r0ZwyJ/+5CGv8kd4vg7Mk8dzOfrRcPMvAr9t2589S3kU8h3fXK6A8LvYivxz/HOelkZru/2t6oSYV4km6RzPOfZX4drRW4VOA=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=q1u/IW96R7Fc4jA3LNcWSfBknHYNYcuM8Lg5l69W+qV87XuBMZuU2pb168aVV4Z32rZcNqAA8J6R21H23N2sWTkQMk+8EOPG9ipQDJXYcZoqwHVHmchPerp2BbZV8dqoSa2JlgOOMr32u6+wAsXN3jKGLQpvtkL1d4D/HGWb6Zo=
In-reply-to: <20070313010955.GA27567@linux-mips.org>
Original-recipient: rfc822;linux-mips@linux-mips.org
References: <20070307104930.GD25248@dusktilldawn.nl> <45F350E9.3020208@cooper-street.com> <d459bb380703120157wb3dde00p4c232e300e82fd3d@mail.gmail.com> <d459bb380703120259r53889966xd8af623ff01ef297@mail.gmail.com> <20070312103927.GC14658@moe.telargo.com> <d459bb380703120609i7d3a9e1dwf7f4fa431a9631e5@mail.gmail.com> <45F57328.8000606@ru.mvista.com> <20070313004315.GA26119@linux-mips.org> <45F5F7CA.3000503@righthandtech.com> <20070313010955.GA27567@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello everyone,

2007/3/13, Charles Eidsness <charles@cooper-street.com>:
I wonder if the AC'97 Controller has to be up for at least one frame
before issuing the cold reset. Each frame is 20.8us, you could try
setting that delay to 25us instead of 500ms.

I've tested this. I've changed my delay to a "udelay(25)". It didn't work.

Sergei on the mailing list had a good suggestion as well. You could try
replacing every udelay with an au_sync_udelay, and each mdelay with an
au_sync_delay.

I've done this too. Still no success.
 
You could even try dropping in an au_sync at the end of
the snd_au1000_ac97_new function.

No success, but I've found that I can reduce the delay to at least 200ms. I'll try with lower values.

I hope that my inexperience (and perhapes errors while testing) don't lead you to wrong conclusions, but from the trials I've done the only change that at the moment works for me is the 200ms delay.
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>