Re: [RFC] Add basic SMARTMIPS ASE support

To: Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Add basic SMARTMIPS ASE support
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:02:10 +0000
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 05:41:47PM +0100, Franck Bui-Huu wrote:

> From: Franck Bui-Huu <fbuihuu@gmail.com>
>
> This patch adds trivial support for SMARTMIPS extension. This
> extension is currently implemented by 4KS[CD] CPUs.

The SmartMIPS ASE according to the spec is explicitly for MIPS32, so I'm
stripping the 64-bit kernel bits of it.  I also did a bit of Kconfig
polishing to make SmartMIPS selectable on those platforms which might
actually have such a CPU only, that is currently all the FPGA-based
platforms, Altas, SEAD and Malta.