Re: problems booting sb1250, page fault issue?

To: djohnson+linux-mips@sw.starentnetworks.com
Subject: Re: problems booting sb1250, page fault issue?
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:03:36 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:47:39 -0500, Dave Johnson
<djohnson+linux-mips@sw.starentnetworks.com> wrote:
> I've got 2.6.18 from linux-mips.org's git tree at the 'linux-2.6.18'
> TAG built and almost booting.

You mean 2.6.18 is OK and more recent kernel has problem?  Or 2.6.18
has problem?

> After taking the fault, I also examined the page that took the
> fault and verified it is full of 'addiu $8,$8,1' including the
> instruction that the kernel thinks a SEGV occurred on.
>
> Since the page contains correct data, I tried adding gratuitous icache
> flushes after each page fault before returning to userspace to rule
> out any issues there, but with no help.
>
> Has issues like this been seen before?  If not, does anyone have ideas
> that I could try next?

Is this problem still happen in 2.6.20?

Please refer this thread:

http://www.linux-mips.org/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=linux-mips&i=710F16C36810444CA2F5821E5EAB7F230A0DFA%40NT-SJCA-0752.brcm.ad.broadcom.com