Re: Advice needed.

Subject: Re: Advice needed.
From: "Sergio Aguayo" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:16:56 -0500 (PET)
> <cut>
>>The configuration structure is difficult to understand (even if you have
>>the C header containing the struct)
> I don't have any header files for flash. Do you? In tarballs for BR,
> there is no source for utilities like flash.
> I'm trying to "decode" this structure, variable-by-variable. I have used
> your flash utility source

When Edimax was forced to release the sources, they released a different
source archive than the one currently available. That one contained some
more files than the current one does. I'll upload it today for you to
download it.

>>Just use the "flash" program.
> The one, that comes with original firmware? But what about webs, as i
> looked into, this needs too some knowledge of flash datastructures.?

webs and the flash program share some sources. Originally, flash's sources
are contained in the LINUX directory of webs.

> About webs -> will try to add some printf for debugging, and see.

Ok, let me know what your results are.

> BTW, maybe the JP3 connector (just 12 little holes) is the JTAG. Will
> upload photo i think tomorrow. I have checked this with ohmometer and
> pin-map of 8186, and it seems to be JTAG + RESET+ something(?). You have
> published schema of JTAG cable, but what software shall anyone use?

That's a JTAG. But AFAIK no software can drive it yet (except maybe some
commercial software?). See, forum MODs for some
information that may be useful for you to experiment with jtag.