RE: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

To: <>
Subject: RE: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support
From: "Koeller, T." <>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:35:55 +0100
> From:
> [] On Behalf Of
> Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:39 PM
> Subject: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

the last time I worked on it (which is three days ago, while working to make
the excite nand flash driver ready for submission), it built and ran just fine,
so I really wonder why you are removing it. I now notice that it has been made
depending on BROKEN some time ago, which escaped my attention when it happened.

The reason I did not encounter any build problems is that I always built the
code with the yet-to-be-submitted drivers. The compilation error you get when
building the excite platform is caused by a dependency upon the rm9k_serial
driver, on which the platform depends for serial console support. I haven't yet
managed to submit that driver, although I made several attempts. If serial
console support were disabled, the code could trivially be fixed to compile
without errors.

Can you revert the removal?

Thomas Köller, Software Developer

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg

Tel. +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390
Fax +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390

Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Ley (Vorsitzender) * John P. Jennings * Peter
Krumhoff * Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Norbert Basler
Basler AG * Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4090 * Ust-IdNr.: DE 135 098 121 *
Steuer-Nr.: 30 292 04497