RE: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support
From: "Koeller, T." <Thomas.Koeller@baslerweb.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:35:55 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> From: linux-git-bounce@linux-mips.org
> [mailto:linux-git-bounce@linux-mips.org] On Behalf Of
> linux-mips@linux-mips.org
> Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:39 PM
> To: git-commits@linux-mips.org
> Subject: [MIPS] Remove Basler Excite support

Ralf,

the last time I worked on it (which is three days ago, while working to make
the excite nand flash driver ready for submission), it built and ran just fine,
so I really wonder why you are removing it. I now notice that it has been made
depending on BROKEN some time ago, which escaped my attention when it happened.

The reason I did not encounter any build problems is that I always built the
code with the yet-to-be-submitted drivers. The compilation error you get when
building the excite platform is caused by a dependency upon the rm9k_serial
driver, on which the platform depends for serial console support. I haven't yet
managed to submit that driver, although I made several attempts. If serial
console support were disabled, the code could trivially be fixed to compile
without errors.

Can you revert the removal?

Thomas
_______________________________

Thomas Köller, Software Developer

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg
Germany

Tel. +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390
Fax +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390

mailto:thomas.koeller@baslerweb.com
http://www.baslerweb.com

Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Ley (Vorsitzender) * John P. Jennings * Peter
Krumhoff * Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Norbert Basler
Basler AG * Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4090 * Ust-IdNr.: DE 135 098 121 *
Steuer-Nr.: 30 292 04497