Re: Kernel issues on R4000/R4000 SC and MC

To: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: Kernel issues on R4000/R4000 SC and MC
From: tsbogend@alpha.franken.de (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:36:18 +0100
Cc: ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, sam@catalyst.net.nz
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 07:07:17PM +0900, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:09:26 +0000, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> > Anyway, the issue boiled up again last week and was supposedly fixed for
> > linux-2.6.17-rc7 which I've just merged.   I'd like to ask somebody with
> > one of the affected CPUs to test this.  Below Nick Piggin's test program.
>
> What is the expected output of the test program?

I can confirm, that it kills R4400SC/MC machines. I saw some
"detected softlock" messages. With just one zero page (CPU without VCE)
everything is fine

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]