Re: Advice needed.

Subject: Re: Advice needed.
From: "W.P." <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:28:34 +0100

>The board he is talking about is based on a rtl8186 which has few things in
>common with admtek 5120?
As i realize, it is a MIPS too, and he's talking about utilities, not
the kernel. (I'll download sources tomorrow, i have only GPRS internet
connection, so i will take several hours, and the i'll examine it). At
least some idea ;)

>I think you had better using dd rather than cat, because /dev/mtdblock are
>block devices, and should be treated like that. If your image has a valid
>format, i.e : the bootloader accepts it, unless you made important
>modifications to the system code, it should at least be booting.

Using dd also suggests padding resulting file to 2048*1024 bytes, am i
right? And using block size of 64k?
As of image, i remarked, that file resulting from reading /dev/mtd look
like: boot&variables(64k) + original image I have uploaded using Edimax
program(approx 1.9M) + zeros to the end of 2M boundary.

So you think it may work? (dd ?) Image generation and upload using
Edimax-supplied tools works.