Re: Advice needed.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Advice needed.
From: "W.P." <laurentp@wp.pl>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:34:02 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Użytkownik Brett Neumeier napisał:

>On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 19:16 +0100, W.P. wrote:
>

>>I'm looking for the simpliest reliable method of not using webs-included
>>procedures for programming flash.
>>What i want, is to be able to reprogram flash with image generated on
>>PC, that i may download to BR system.
>>

>Suppose that you create a new image on your computer, and program it
>into the flash, and the new image does not boot.
>
>Do you have any way of recovering from that situation?  (This might
>involve something like a JTAG cable.)

No, I don't have JTAG cable nor software ;(

>If not, I'm not sure how you can really do anything "safely"....

Now i am changing firmware using supplied tool inside webs program. I am
able to generate working image on a PC.
The problem for now, is how to program it into Flash NOT USING webs
program. Problem i am asking here for help is in
programming flash, not in generating image. If I generate image that
will not boot, i'll have a problem.
Could you help?

W.P.