Re: Advice on APM-EMU reunion

To: Richard Purdie <>
Subject: Re: Advice on APM-EMU reunion
From: Rodolfo Giometti <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:59:02 +0100
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:53:46PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:

> I'm not sure this is a good idea. As you're creating a new interface,
> why not create something new/improved without the problems that
> confining yourself to APM emulation brings?

Because several applications (and expecially in embedded systems) use
that interface. However adding a sysfs support I try to define a new
(and most versatile) interface.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:
Linux Device Driver
Embedded Systems
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127