Advice on APM-EMU reunion

Subject: Advice on APM-EMU reunion
From: Rodolfo Giometti <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:07:56 +0100

some months ago I sent to the MIPS and ARM mail lists a patch to unify
the several APM emulation codes adding a new dedicated directory so it
can be used to put there the per board specific code avoiding code
duplications (see files ./arch/arm/kernel/apm.c,
./arch/mips/kernel/apm.c and ./arch/sh/kernel/apm.c that are almost
the same).

The patch is here
and it has been lost in the deep space...

The target is to remove the files ./arch/{arm,mips,sh}/kernel/apm.c
and to add files drivers/apm-emu/{Kconfig,Makefile,apm-emu.c}.

Now I try on this list in order to have some advice if this could be a
good idea and what about if I add a new class "apm_emu" on the sysfs
support with proper registrations functions.

Thanks in advance,

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:
Linux Device Driver
Embedded Systems
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127