Using 802.11x wireless usb device on MIPS platform

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Using 802.11x wireless usb device on MIPS platform
From: "colin" <colin@realtek.com.tw>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:52:14 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,
I have used two 802.11x wireless usb devices successfully on MIPS platform.
One is realtek 8187 and the other one is ralink 2571.
I would like to put them into kernel tree and then I found that there are
not many 802.11x devices supported in Linux. Moreover, there is no any
wireless usb device supported.
It is also very strange that 8187 and 2571 both have their own ieee802.11x
stack and crypt drivers. It seems that Linux doesn't offer them.
I am wondering why Linux is so complex in 802.11x.

Regards,
Colin