Re: Running linux-2.6.18 kernel in uncache area

To: sathesh babu <sathesh_edara2003@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: Running linux-2.6.18 kernel in uncache area
From: mlachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:21:54 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
sathesh babu wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know is there any configuration option ( using make menuconfig) to turn off cache in linux-2.6.18 kernel. Basically i would like to run kernel in uncache area. I see there is an option in the in the menuconfig under Kernel hacking
             [ ] Run uncached (NEW)
Sould i need to enable this  option to run in the uncahe area?
Could you please tell me how to disable cache and run the kernel in uncache area. Regards,
Sathesh

That should be it. Did you try with that option MIPS_UNCACHED enabled?

thanks,
Manish Lachwani