Running linux-2.6.18 kernel in uncache area

Subject: Running linux-2.6.18 kernel in uncache area
From: sathesh babu <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:08:35 +0000 (GMT)
  I would like to know is there any configuration option ( using make menuconfig)  to turn off cache in linux-2.6.18 kernel.
Basically i would like to run kernel in uncache area.
I see there is an option in the in the menuconfig under
Kernel hacking
             [ ] Run uncached (NEW)
Sould i need to enable this  option to run in the uncahe area?
Could you please tell me how to disable cache and run the kernel in uncache area.

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download Now!