problem with starting an application daemon from rcS script in case of l

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: problem with starting an application daemon from rcS script in case of lnux-2.6.18 kernel version.
From: veerasena reddy <veerasena_b@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 07:04:15 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I wrote a small appication "test_shell" and started
the same as a background process ("test_shell&") from
"rcS" script to print a message "This is to test the
shell for daemon processes" on console for every ten
seconds.

For this, the rcS script contains the below command:
"test_shell &"

I have built two images for the target with the kernel
versions linux-2.6.18 and linux-mips-2.6.12.

In case of linux-mips-2.6.12 i am able to see the
prints on the console.

In case of linux-2.6.18 i am not getting the prints
on the console. if i try "ps" command i am able to see
the process running in the background.

In both kernel versions libraries and shell used are
same.

What could be the reason for this?
Please suggest me some solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
veeru.

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download
Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php