Re: 2.6.19 timer API changes

To: danieljlaird@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: 2.6.19 timer API changes
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:24:20 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:37:17 -0800 (PST), Daniel Laird
<danieljlaird@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Then I get  a normal startup.  i.e it boots fast (no 10second hang).  If I
> remove the write_c0_count then I get the 10 second hang.

I think Kevin's analysis about this 10 second hang is correct.  Then I
think my last patch will work as well.

> I have no idea if gettimeofday is broken.  ANy ideas on testing this? Is
> there a test package / application that will do this?  Before I write my own

Calling gettimeofday() continuously many times (at least some tick
periods) and calculates times between each call.  Those differences
should be almost same.  Of course you must run this program on very
idle system (or you must raise its priority).

---
Atsushi Nemoto