Git stuff

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Git stuff
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:53:41 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I've been asked what that strange commit

commit e81fbbbb9a0d8072460c223e935fb1aca4231dc0
Merge: 6f0b1e5... 9202f32...
Author: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date:   Mon Dec 11 12:25:29 2006 +0000

    Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torva

    nothing to commit

from around noon today means - it's a merge commit where after resolution
of the merge conflict there was nothing left to commit.  Nothing to worry :)

Also sorry for the flood of commit messages.  I cherry pick any commit
that is a fix to the -stable branches which ends multiplying the number
of commits.  If you only care about certain branches you can use i.e.
procmail to filter away the uninterestin messages.  The format of the
mail messages was choosen to make that easy.