RE: The difference between mips*-gnu and mips*-linux when configure tool

To: "Daniel Jacobowitz" <dan@debian.org>
Subject: RE: The difference between mips*-gnu and mips*-linux when configure tool-chain
From: "Fu, He Wei PSE NKG" <hewei.fu@siemens.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:41:12 +0800
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thanks, sorry for I missed the mips*-elf for mips*-gnu.

I think that for ld,the difference between mips*-elf and mips*-linux
produces only some minor impact on the default ld script, for the
behavior of ld itself, it has not serious impact.Is it my understanding
correct?

But for bfd, does the difference of these two config-choice have impact
on the behavior of two different bfd-target? .