Re: Portmap on the Encore M3

To: Ashlesha Shintre <ashlesha@kenati.com>
Subject: Re: Portmap on the Encore M3
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:38:03 +0000
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:46:47AM -0800, Ashlesha Shintre wrote:

> > RPC: sendmsg returned error 128.
> > <4>nfs: RPC call returned error 128

128 = ENETUNREACH.

For more information [1] about 2.6.14 kernels see http://tinyurl.com/hjexx ;-)

> The .config file contains the following line: CONFIG_PORTMAP=y
> The server from which the NFS is mounted is also running the portmap
> daemon..
>
> Is there a way to check if the portmap server is functioning properly?
>

> Also:
>
> - The BogoMIPS value is 7186 which seems too low for the AU1500 -- how
> can I check that the timer interrupt is being handled correctly?  The
> AU1500 has 2 counters which are used to generate a clock
>
> - On the serial console I can only see messages upto this point:
>

> > 16.35 BogoMIPS (lpj=8176)

Sounds about right if your CPU clock hapens to be 8MHz so probably not.
Chances the counter was missprogrammed.  Or are you running uncached?
Uncached will completly devastate performance.

> > calibrate delay done
> > anon vma init done
> > Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
> > Checking for 'wait' instruction...  unavailable.
> > NET: Registered protocol family 16
> > size of au1xxx platform devices is 1
>
> After this, the serial console 'hangs' -- I can see the RPC error from the
> log buffer, accessed from the JTAG port..
> --Please give any suggestions as to where I should start looking to narrow
> down and figure out the problem..

At about this point the actual console driver is registered and takes
over from the early console driver - whatever that may be in your case.
So seems the early console driver is fine but the actual console driver
(that is serial driver) is falling over.

  Ralf

[1] Okay, I'm just trying to convince people to upgrade :-)