Uncached mmap

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Uncached mmap
From: "Mile Davidovic" <Mile.Davidovic@micronasnit.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:18:52 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello to all,
I am working on fb device and I have general questions regarding cache/uncache
access to MIPS memory.

User space application use mmap access for r/w access to fb device. If fb use
cached memory, user space application has to call cacheflush to flush contents
instruction and/or data cache. In this case there are no limitations regarding
byte access to this memory. Is this correct statement?

If fb use uncached memory, there is no need for cacheflush call in user space
application but limitation is access to mmap uncached memory. There is no byte
access to uncached mmaped memory. Is this correct statement?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards Mile