RE: Problems booting Linux 2.6.18.1 on MIPS34K core

To: "'Atsushi Nemoto'" <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject: RE: Problems booting Linux 2.6.18.1 on MIPS34K core
From: Trevor Hamm <Trevor_Hamm@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:20:12 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Yes, /bin/sh works.  I've also run different /sbin/init programs successfully
(sysvinit, busybox; I think I mentioned sysvinit worked in my original post).
It's just with simpleinit from util-linux 2.12r that we've seen this issue.

> In this case, could you try deleting
> __HAVE_ARCH_COPY_USER_HIGHPAGE in include/asm-mips/page.h?

Okay, I did this, but /sbin/init still hangs in the same place.  I also had to
delete the copy_user_highpage function in arch/mips/mm/init.c to get the kernel
to build.  It's now using the copy_user_highpage from include/linux/highmem.h.
I assume this was your intention?

Thanks,
Trevor