Re: Problems booting Linux on MIPS34K core

Subject: Re: Problems booting Linux on MIPS34K core
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:57:52 +0900 (JST)
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:09:37 -0800 , Trevor Hamm <>
> So just for fun, I built a linux image to use a write-through
> caching policy, and it boots from power-up every time.
> With this information, I would conclude the problem is due to cache
> management, either in the way we're initializing the cache, or
> something else in the squashfs code.  Or is there another
> explanation that I'm overlooking?

Hmm, could you try init=/bin/sh?  If the shell invoked successfully it
might be COW issue.  In this case, could you try deleting
__HAVE_ARCH_COPY_USER_HIGHPAGE in include/asm-mips/page.h?

If init=/bin/sh not worked, COW is irrelevant and something would be
wrong around flush_dcache_page/update_mmu_cache.  But no idea now ...

Atsushi Nemoto