MIPS processors gain GNU/Linux binary prelinker

To: CE Linux Developers List <celinux-dev@tree.celinuxforum.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: MIPS processors gain GNU/Linux binary prelinker
From: Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:47:35 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
FYI - For those interested in bootup time improvements on MIPS
processors, here is some information about the recently
developed MIPS prelinking feature, done by CodeSourcery
and MIPS Technologies.

This press release does not mention CELF, but it should
be noted that the first public demonstration of this
technology was performed (I believe) at the recent CELF technical
jamboree, in Tokyo Japan, held just last Friday (Oct 27).

See http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/JapanTechnicalJamboree11
for information about the jamboree.  The presentation about
this technology which was delivered at the meeting is at:

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/JapanTechnicalJamboree11?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=MIPS-Prelinker.pdf

MIPS and CodeSourcery brought a demo so we got to do
some actual speed comparisons live at the event.  It was fun!

Regards,
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics