Re: Introduction and problems cloning repository

To: Pak Woon <pak.woon@nec.com.au>
Subject: Re: Introduction and problems cloning repository
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:49:44 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:54:47AM +1000, Pak Woon wrote:

> First time poster to this mailing list so if I am not following the
> correct protocol please let me know.
>
> Introduction. I am a firmware developer working for NEC Australia. We
> are currently developing a MIPS SOC device made by Wintegra.
>
> I am trying to clone the linux-malta.git repository using the command
> "git clone http://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/linux-malta.git
> ./linux-malta.git" but I receieve an "error: Can't lock ref". I have to
> use http because I am sure port 9418 is blocked by the sysadmin

An good old access permission problem on the web server but I won't have
time to sort it out now.

Until then you can use gitcvs to access the repositories:

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@git.linux-mips.org:/pub/scm/linux.git co -d
linux-malta -P <branch>

Where <branch> is one of linux-2.0, linux-2.2, linux-2.4, MaltaRef_2_4,
MaltaRef_2_6 and master - if your firewall allows port 2401 that is ...

But why are you still using the linux-malta repository?  Since ~ 5 months
it is no longer being updated and has effectivly been replaced with
linux.git repository.  Of this repository there are also snapshots of all
tagged versions available.