Introduction and problems cloning repository

Subject: Introduction and problems cloning repository
From: Pak Woon <>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:54:47 +1000
Hello All,

First time poster to this mailing list so if I am not following the correct protocol please let me know.

Introduction. I am a firmware developer working for NEC Australia. We are currently developing a MIPS SOC device made by Wintegra.

I am trying to clone the linux-malta.git repository using the command
"git clone ./linux-malta.git" but I receieve an "error: Can't lock ref". I have to use http because I am sure port 9418 is blocked by the sysadmin