Re: oprofile configure?

To: "Azer, William" <Bill.Azer@drs-ss.com>
Subject: Re: oprofile configure?
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:53:52 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:34:12AM -0400, Azer, William wrote:

> i have natively built oprofile for sb1 platform and i get a lot of warnings
> from the compiler.  i had to use --disable-werror in order to build.  has
> anyone encountered this?  am i doing something wrong?

For a long time there has been no release of oprofile so only versions from
CVS did work on MIPS:  However there has been a release of 0.9.2 on
September 15 which so I hope is the first release of oprofile that will
work out of the box for MIPS.

I believe -Werror is a remarkably bad idea for any software release no
matter how beneficial it may be during development ...