Re: wrong SP restored after DBE exception

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: wrong SP restored after DBE exception
From: Dave Johnson <>,
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:34:57 -0400
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>,
Ralf Baechle writes:
> I would suggest to disable interrupts around accesses that potencially
> could result in DB exceptions and just to make sure he is not getting
> trapped by a non-blocking load by making some use of any value read
> from the device.  Writes could be posted depending on bus type.  So
> having a read from the same device would force the write to complete.
>   Ralf

Ya, I was about to try that.  I could be getting an interrupt
between the time the read is issued and the timeout occurs on the
GBus.  Also, doing a dummy read on the GBus to a device that
shouldn't fault prior to (for reads) or after (for writes) the
potentially faulting one to force ordering seems like a good idea

Dave Johnson
Starent Networks