RE: oprofile configure?

To: "Jim Wilson" <wilson@specifix.com>
Subject: RE: oprofile configure?
From: "Azer, William" <Bill.Azer@drs-ss.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:05:47 -0400
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Yes, i was using oprofile 0.9.2cvs.  I can provide the code.  The -Werror is enabled by default.

i have also been having trouble running it with trying to debug a executable program.  i used the opcontrol to tell it the image,start,dump,stop  then i used opreport -l <image>.  i couldn't get the sample data.  i tried opannotate and that didn't work either.

i have had better luck with gprof.

# Define the identity of the package.
 PACKAGE=oprofile
 VERSION=0.9.2cvs

i am using 2.6.17.7 from linux-mips.org with gcc 3.4.3

thx,

Bill Azer