Re: [MIPS] SB1: Build fix: delete initialization of flush_icache_page po

To: manoje@broadcom.com
Subject: Re: [MIPS] SB1: Build fix: delete initialization of flush_icache_page pointer.
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:58:04 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, ralf@linux-mips.org, mark.e.mason@broadcom.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:54:40 -0700, "Manoj Ekbote" <manoje@broadcom.com> wrote:
> I tried the patch that you pointed to and UP kernel boots fine. Looks
> like that was a icache and dcache coherency problem now that there is no
> flush_icache_page implementation.

Hmm ... so it might be a SMP kernel problem?

> Oh, inserting flush_icache_page caused the kernel to panic. I also see
> that __flush_icache_page is not used anywhere. Any future use?

I think __flush_icache_page should go away.  Here is a patch.
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-09/msg00003.html

BTW, what you tried is something like this ?

include/asm-mips/cacheflush.h:
static inline void flush_icache_page(struct vm_area_struct *vma,
        struct page *page)
{
        __flush_icache_page(vma, page);
}

If this caused panic, what is the message?

---
Atsushi Nemoto