Re: How to emulate lw/sw instruction by lb/sb instruction

Subject: Re: How to emulate lw/sw instruction by lb/sb instruction
From: Florian Fainelli <>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:03:08 +0200
Hi William,

As far as I know, there is the nonmips project [1] which is providing a
toolchain for mips clones such as the Lexra 5280 we can find in Realtek 865x
SoC for instance. This SoC does not have lw/sw instruction set.

The Realtek 8181 project also provide a patch to emulate those instructions by
the kernel, see [2].

Hope this helps !

Le lundi 25 septembre 2006 02:41, a écrit :
> Dear all
>       Could someone tell me how to modify GCC as titled?because we have met
> problem while porting some middleware,which will generate some lw/sw
> instruction to unaligned address,so I would modify GCC to not generate
> lw/sw instructions for this pieces code.
> Regards
> William Lei
> ************* Email Confidentiality Notice ********************
> The information contained in this e-mail message (including any
> attachments) may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise
> exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. It is intended to be conveyed
> only to the designated recipient(s). Any use, dissemination, distribution,
> printing, retaining or copying of this e-mail (including its attachments)
> by unintended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
> you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, or believe that you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately (by
> replying to this e-mail), delete any and all copies of this e-mail
> (including any attachments) from your system, and do not disclose the
> content of this e-mail to any other person. Thank you!

Cordialement, Florian Fainelli
5, rue Charles Fourier
Chambre 1202
91011 Evry
(+33) 01 60 76 64 21
(+33) 06 09 02 64 95
Association MiNET
Institut National des Télécommunications