Re: How to emulate lw/sw instruction by lb/sb instruction

To: william_lei@ali.com.tw
Subject: Re: How to emulate lw/sw instruction by lb/sb instruction
From: Florian Fainelli <florian.fainelli@int-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:03:08 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi William,

As far as I know, there is the nonmips project [1] which is providing a
toolchain for mips clones such as the Lexra 5280 we can find in Realtek 865x
SoC for instance. This SoC does not have lw/sw instruction set.

The Realtek 8181 project also provide a patch to emulate those instructions by
the kernel, see [2].

Hope this helps !

[1] http://nonmips.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://rtl8181.sourceforge.net/