NOR Flash memory write speed.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: NOR Flash memory write speed.
From: "Youngduk Goo" <ydgoo9@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:40:43 +0900
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello, all

I am developing the system using the NOR flash (32MB) and the core is
about 300MHz mips.
I wonder how long takes the whole erase and write time to flash memory.
I tried it on the bootloader. Firstof all, bootloader(YAMON) load the image
and erase the flash except bootloader region, write the image..
It took about 14-16minutes.I think it is too long.

I would like to know, for you, normally how long it tasks ?

Thanks,