"Uncompressing Linux at load address"

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: "Uncompressing Linux at load address"
From: Carlos Mitidieri <carlos.mitidieri@sysgo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:30:13 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am trying to boot a zImage from micromonitor on a csb655 board
(Au1550 processor).

For that matter, I patched my kernel 2.6.15 with the zImage_2_6_10.patch from
Popov.

In the arch/mips/boot/compressed/au1xxx/Makefile, I have set:
        1) RAM_RUN_ADDR=0xa0300000, which is the value got  from the umon's
APPRAMBASE environment variable.
        2) AVAIL_RAM_START=0x80500000
            AVAIL_RAM_END=0x80900000
        3) LOADADDR =0x80100000, which is the same value I have set in an
entry for this board in arch/mips/Makefile.

I can compile and link the zImage with home build gcc cross tools, based on
gcc-3.4.4 and glibc-2.3.4 . When the (binary) zImage is decompressed on the
target, I get these messages:

zImage: size=680372 base=0xa0300000
loaded at:     A0300000 A03A4000
zimage at:     A0306180 A03A3EE1
Uncompressing Linux at load address 80100000

and then the target resets.
This zImage is very small, so the decompressed image is not going beyond the
AVAIL_RAM limits. Would you have any guess on what is going on?

I have looked for this information the list through, but anyone seems to have
had this problem before. Thanks for any comment.

--
Carlos Mitidieri
SYSGO AG - Office Ulm