Broadcom SB1 query

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Broadcom SB1 query
From: Jonathan Day <imipak@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Can anyone verify that the current kernel in
linux-mips git archive will work on a Broadcom 1250
(SB1), specifically the "Swarm" or the "Sentosa"
flavours of the BCM91250.

I have not been able to get anything more recent than
a 2.6.17 kernel to compile and boot, the 2.6.18-rc
kernels seem to randomly either lock up or reboot very
early on in the kernel initialization. However, I am
undecided whether it's a kernel issue, a hardware
issue (we've had nothing but trouble from these
boards) or a toolchain issue (versions: gcc 4.1.1,
libc 2.4, binutils 2.17.50) as I've found a few large
projects that should compile just fine are blowing the
compiler up.

If someone can post (or e-mail me direct) on what the
latest combination of kernel and toolchain that works
on the Swarm is, I would greatly appreciate it. This
problem is driving me nuts. (Ok, more nuts than
usual.)

Jonathan