Re: EXT2-fs error

To: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Subject: Re: EXT2-fs error
From: WCT Tang <wct_tang@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:47:25 +0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked that my total file size is only 384KB, and the ramdisk I created is 4096KB, and my Kernel's ram size CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE is set to 4096.

Here are the steps I used to create ramdisk:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram bs=1k count=4096
mke2fs -vm0 /dev/ram 4096
mount /dev/ram ramdisk/
cd ramdisk/
cp -r /home/devel/root/* .
mkdir dev etc tmp var proc mnt home root
cd dev/
mknod console c 5 1
mknod ttyS0 c 4 64
mknod tty c 5 0
mknod ram0 b 1 0
mknod ram1 b 1 1
mknod mem c 1 1
mknod kmem c 1 2
mknod null c 1 3
mknod zero c 1 5
mknod fb0 c 29 0
ln -s fb0 fb
ln -s ram1 ram
ln -s ram0 ramdisk
ln -s ../proc/kcore kcore
ln -s ../proc/self/fd/0 stdin
ln -s ../proc/self/fd/1 stdout
ln -s ../proc/self/fd/2 stderr
cd ..
umount ramdisk
dd if=/dev/ram bs=1k count=4096 | gzip -vf > /home/devel/linux/arc/mips/ramdisk/ramdisk.gz

Any other suggestion?

p/s: I have got lots of junk mails sent from this mailing lists, probably triggered by my email. Could the administrator do something?