Re: EXT2-fs error

To: Kiah Tang <wct_tang@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: EXT2-fs error
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 10:37:43 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <20060806040329.51416.qmail@web27003.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I built Linux kernel (V2.4) as follows:
> - Created EXT2 ramdisk.gz as documented in Documentation/ramdisk.txt
> - The ramdisk contains the content of buildroot/build_mipsel/root/, which
> contains bin, etc, lib, linuxrc, sbin (sh.. etc), usr. I also created under
> /dev console null, tty*....
> - Copied ramdisk.gz to /linux/arc/mips/ramdisk/
> Tracing down the codes, I noticed I got EXT2-fs error.

Your ramdisk is probably much bigger than the kernel's default of 4 MB.

Please see the FAQ at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RamdiskGreaterThan4MBCausesProblems

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
My play was a complete success.  The audience was a failure.