Understanding PCMCIA layer

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Understanding PCMCIA layer
From: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@linux.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:54:51 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I'm just playing with the PCMCIA layer in order to manage a WiFi
module.

I notice that giving the suspend/resume command sequence I get:

   hostname:~# pccardctl suspend
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 0V Vpp 0V, flags 0 (reset 0)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: suspend_skt 0

   hostname:~# pccardctl resume
   WWPC-PCMCIA: init_skt 0
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 0V Vpp 0V, flags 0 (reset 0)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 33V, flags 0 (reset 0)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 0V, flags 240 (reset 1)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 0V, flags 200 (reset 0)

and giving the eject/insert one I get:

   hostname:~# pccardctl eject
   pccard: card ejected from slot 0
   WWPC-PCMCIA: init_skt 0
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 0V Vpp 0V, flags 0 (reset 0)
   hostname:~# pccardctl insert
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 33V, flags 0 (reset 0)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 0V, flags 240 (reset 1)
   WWPC-PCMCIA: config_skt 0 Vcc 33V Vpp 0V, flags 200 (reset 0)
   pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
   pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0

My module support a "sleep" mode, so I shouldn't remove power supply
nor giving to it a reset impulse during suspend/resume stages but, on
the other hands, I'd like to reset it when I give the "insert" command
and turning it off when I give the "eject" command.

How I can resolve the problem? =:-o

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

--