is sde lite a complete toolchain?

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: is sde lite a complete toolchain?
From: "Shan Wang" <swang@eventmine.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:53:47 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi all,

I downloaded the SDE lite toolchain from MIPS Technologies. I can use the makefiles to build all the examples come with the package and test them with the simulator. But when I tried to use sde-gcc to cross compile the hello world example directly:

sde-gcc -Wall -mips32 -mtune=4kc -EL hello.c -o hello

I got errors like the following:

/home/linuxdev/packages/sde-lite-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/sde/3.4.4/../../../../sde/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __start;

 defaulting to 0000000080020000

/tmp/ccEaLxlW.o: In function `main':

hello.c:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `printf'

hello.c:(.text+0x20): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 against `printf'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Does that mean the SDE lite package is not a complete cross toolchain, can I use it to compile my own application?

Any help will be appropriated, thanks very much.

Best Regards,

Shan

This message has been scanned by MailController.