Re: Multiple page size support for AU1xxx

To: hemanth.venkatesh@wipro.com
Subject: Re: Multiple page size support for AU1xxx
From: Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:08:28 +0100
Cc: ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hemanth.venkatesh@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> >>Currently only 16kB works and only for 64-bit kernels.  I'm planning
> >> fix that rsn.
>
> Thanks for the info, did u mean 16KB would be supported for 32 bit
> kernel also. I also saw code changes in arch/mips/mm/tlb-r8k.c only, is
> there a plan to port it to r4k TLB also.
>

> Help on 2.6.14 and 2.6.17 kernels provide the below info. Does it mean
> some changes are required at user level also.

Old binutils (2.14 and earlier) didn't put enough alignment between code
and data section, it this case a re-link with a newer linker is needed.

Some userland applications hardcode a specific pagesize, typically 4kB,
instead of querying sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE). Those applications will need
fixing.

Thiemo