RE: Multiple page size support for AU1xxx

To: <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Multiple page size support for AU1xxx
From: <hemanth.venkatesh@wipro.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:36:33 +0530
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Ralf,

>>Currently only 16kB works and only for 64-bit kernels.  I'm planning
>> fix that rsn.

Thanks for the info, did u mean 16KB would be supported for 32 bit
kernel also. I also saw code changes in arch/mips/mm/tlb-r8k.c only, is
there a plan to port it to r4k TLB also.

Help on 2.6.14 and 2.6.17 kernels provide the below info. Does it mean
some changes are required at user level also.

config PAGE_SIZE_16KB
        help
          Note that you will need a suitable Linux distribution to
support
          this.
          There are also issues with compatibility of user applications

Thanks
Hemanth