IDE on Swarm

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: IDE on Swarm
From: "Gary Smith" <gary.smith@3phoenix.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:30:28 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hello All,

I’d like to ask a question regarding a post I noticed on a message board.  The post I read is as follows.

http://mail.bitmover.com/pipermail/sibyte-users/2004-November/000029.html

I am using a BCM91250A evaluation board with a compactflash device connected to the onboard IDE controller.  When booting with a Linux 2.4.20 kernel, the IDE interface is recognized and the compactflash device is hda.  When booting with a Linux 2.6.16.25 kernel, the IDE interface is recognized, but no device information is echoed to the console.  I’ve included output below.  The message post above mentions that there were problems with the IDE driver in Linux 2.6 during the late 2004 time-frame.  I’d like to inquire about the current availability of the IDE driver in the kernel.

Linux 2.4.20 Output:

Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31

ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

SiByte onboard IDE configured as device 0

hda: SanDisk SDCFB-1024, ATA DISK drive

ide0 at 0xffffffffb00b3e01-0xffffffffb00b3e08,0xffffffffb00b7ec1 on irq 36

hda: 2001888 sectors (1025 MB) w/1KiB Cache, CHS=1986/16/63

Partition check:

 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: p1

Linux 2.6.16.25 Output:

Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2

ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide

SWARM IDE driver

ide-swarm: IDE interface at GenBus slot 4

NET: Registered protocol family 2

Thank you for your time.

Gary

--