RE: Mounting rootfs from Alchemy Flash fails

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Mounting rootfs from Alchemy Flash fails
From: <hemanth.venkatesh@wipro.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:47:16 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi All,

   We are trying to boot Linux MIPS 2.6.14 kernel on an AU1100 based board, mounting  root file system from Flash (S29GLxxxN MirrorBitTM Family, AMD Spansion) fails.  We have updated Alchamy-flash.c  to specify  flash size 32 MB and physical address as 0X1E000000.  We found that probe function is failing and vendor command set is not found, log attached below. Any inputs for resolving the problem are appreciated.

Kernel command line arguments:   root=/dev/mtdblock0,

SUI Flash: probing 32-bit flash bus

SUI Flash: Found 2 x16 devices at 0x0 in 32-bit bank

 Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0040

SUI Flash: CFI does not contain boot bank location. Assuming top.

number of CFI chips: 1

Sum of regions (0) != total size of set of interleaved chips (2000000)

gen_probe: No supported Vendor Command Set found

Thanks in advance

Hemanth