BSP: for an AU1500 board.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: BSP: for an AU1500 board.
From: Ashlesha Shintre <ashlesha@kenati.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:59:07 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I m working with an AU-1500 MIPS processor on the EncoreM3 board and my
task is to write board support packages for the same.  I am very much a
newbie to linux and embedded systems.

I m not entirely sure of the sequence in which i should start doing
things, but here is a rough roadmap:

1) To create a config file appropriate to the board using menuconfig
2) Map the VIA southbridge
3) Adding IRQ Mappings
4) Integration and Debugging

First I decided to 'do' the configuration file, but I still havent got a
birdseye picture of how I should proceed.  Any pointers?

Also, when does the config file come into play during the bootup
process, and where will I find the addresses of different devices say on
the PCI bus (memory adds) that will need to be mapped at boottime?

Thanks,
Ashlesha.