Re: u-boot problem: Au1xx0: fix prom_getenv() to handle YAMON style envi

To: Domen Puncer <domen.puncer@ultra.si>
Subject: Re: u-boot problem: Au1xx0: fix prom_getenv() to handle YAMON style environment
From: Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@ru.mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:35:31 +0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello, I wrote:

I need to revert $SUBJECT patch for kernel to boot on au1200,
u-boot 1.1.3.

And I could swear it worked booted yesterday without reverting (??)

Hm, it sort of worked with YAMON before that patch (just not quite correctly) due to the fact the name strings seem to be followed by the value strings (just not '='but '\0' being between them). But obviously, the variable values could be taken for the names the way it was written. If the purpose was to support both YAMON and U-Boot, that should've been marked in the comments I think...

Could we support yamon and u-boot style environment?

   Is there a way to distinguish them?

Well, I think some adaptive alogrithm using strchr(env, '=') should be possible...

    Domen

WBR, Sergei