RE: Ethernet bridging on 2.6.12-rc3 (PMC-sierra patched)

To: Ralf Baechle <>, Roman Mashak <>
Subject: RE: Ethernet bridging on 2.6.12-rc3 (PMC-sierra patched)
From: Raj Palani <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:15:56 -0700
Hi Ralf and Roman,

> The Titan driver (the version on and any other
> version I've
> seen) are pretty broken and remarkably ugly pieces of code.
> The authors of the Basler eXcite platform have contributed
> their driver and I hope it will show up upstream soon.  Afaik
> it has not been tested with any of PMC's eval boards but the
> necessary changes should not be hard.

I would request that you take a look at our current GE driver (msp85x0_ge.c)
for the Sequoia platform and send us your feedback.  This is currently
available on our ftp site under
/pub/linux/2.6.12/linux-2.6.12-rc3_L002.tar.gz.  The driver has been completely
re-written and we welcome any feedback on the same.

The patches that have been generated for fixes that were made after this
release are available under /pub/linux/2.6.12/patches-2.6.12-rc3_L002.

We are in the process of generating a patch for the Sequoia platform (for the
MSP85x0) to be submitted to Linux/MIPS.  Note that we will be having a separate
GE driver for the MSP85x0, while the old Titan GE driver (titan_ge.c) would
support the Titan (RM912x) chip on the Yosemite platform.  FYI, the MSP85x0 is
the new name for the RM915x device.