Re: Merge window ...

To: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@tripeaks.co.jp>
Subject: Re: Merge window ...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:50:01 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 12:03:46AM +0900, Yoichi Yuasa wrote:

> 4G Systems MTX-1
> AMD Alchemy Bosporus
> AMD Alchemy Mirage
> Jazz family
> Toshiba TBTX49[23]7
>
> These boards are candidate for removal.
> If there are none objection, we can add to feature-removal-schedule.txt.

A little too much.  Malta for example works and I'm running top of tree.
Jazz is happy, SNI was doing ok and received a major upgrade just on
the weekend  and the Broadcom stuff - aside of slight bitrot is crucially
important for many projects as the provider of horsepower for native
builds.

My candidates for nuking are marked with a big red box in the wiki in
the hope somebody will fix the code:

  http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Category:Deprecated

Many eval boards tend to have a short livespan unlike vintage workstation
and server hardware, so I tend to be trigger happier for eval board
type of stuff.