Re: Support for Vadem/Clio with NEC VR4121 anyone?

To: "Juergen Sell" <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Support for Vadem/Clio with NEC VR4121 anyone?
From: "Ricardo Mendoza" <mendoza.ricardo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:03:43 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
The current 2.6 kernel has a good support base for VR41XX processors,
I am working with a 2.6.15 on a VR4121 MobilePro. I had some problems
booting 2.6.16, but never really looked much into it, instead im still
working on pcmcia support on my device.

Try booting one of these and hooking up a serial console, after that
it's a matter of having the right external device drivers. Most of the
vrc4171 function drivers are out there and can be found easily;
although if your device uses a different set of controllers for
peripherals such as LCD, PCMCIA and sound then it might need some more
work on your side.

Ricardo